Top Reasons to Participate in the River Ramble
Top 5 Reasons to Participate in the Mankato River Ramble
1. Take in the fall colors of the season! The Mankato River Ramble welcomes riders to a harvest time that showcases the colorful, wooded trails, quiet country roads and the dramatic river crossings of the Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway.
2. There’s a course for every rider! The Mankato River Ramble features great rides for every bicyclist. Choose from four scenic routes ranging from 16 miles to 42 miles. The 16-mile Minneopa Falls loop is a traffic-free trail ride to Minneopa State Park, where you will enjoy great live music and a 40-foot, two-tiered waterfall. The 26-mile pie run takes you over the river and up the Red Jacket Trail to Rapidan Dam for an array of award-winning pies. This trail is the most popular route! The 42-mile Lake Crystal loop travels quiet country roads with rest stops at Lake Crystal and Minnemishinona Falls. Hang on to your helmet as you descent the famous “Elevator Shaft.” Hilly Half Century is a rigorous 50-mile ride, crossing two more rivers and passes the quaint town of Garden City.
3. Music along the way! The ride starts and finishes at the beautiful Land of Memories Park. There is a line-up of multiple bands throughout the day. As you make your way along the course, each rest stop features a unique music venue as well. It’s sure to be a great time with a variety of music to enjoy.
4. There’s pie! The 26-mile pie run is the most popular route of this beloved bicycle event. It features a rest stop at mile 14 at the Rapidan Dam Store. Take in the view of the panoramic river valley from the dam and enjoy a piece of the store’s award-winning pie!
5. Make a weekend of out it! Looking for some off-bike adventure? Hike where the buffalo roam in Minneopa State Park, home to a small herd of bison, the same type as Lewis and Clark saw in the 1830s. Make sure to visit Mankato Brewery for the finest local brews, and check out Pub 500 for great food and entertainment. Perhaps sports are more your style. The Verizon Center (360° virtual tour) is the home of Minnesota State University, Mankato (360° virtual tour) Mavericks hockey. There is plenty to do and see in Mankato during the Mankato River Ramble weekend…It’s all so close!