Fall Family Adventures
FarmAmerica Fall Festival
Come to Farmamerica for the Fall Festival where there will be lots of fun activities to enjoy together as a family! Enjoy the corn maze, Prairie Fairy, food trucks, vendor fair, tram rides, games for kids including old-fashioned school-yard games & scavenger hunt.
The Harvest Bowl combines football and farm fun! The Minnesota State University, Mankato (360° virtual tour) Mavericks take on Winona State in a football match-up during the third annual Harvest bowl at Blakeslee Stadium. The start time is scheduled for 1 p.m. and a host of events and activities lead up to the kick-off. The line-up includes tractors, a mechanical bull and a coloring contest with cheer/dance.
Stay Tuned for additional details
Old Town Art Fair
Come celebrate the 9th annual 2019 Old Town Art Fair!
A day filled with fun, authentic local art experience that you won’t want to miss! Come out, bring your friends, and show your support for your community and for the arts!
Mankato Farmer's Market
The Mankato Farmers Market has been in Mankato for over 40 years. Shopping at and supporting the farmers’ market circulates money within our community, helping to keep it strong. Local farmers and artisans at the market continue to help our community thrive by recirculating your wisely spent dollars. The main outdoor Market is open every Saturday, rain or shine, through the second Saturday in October. Hours are 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. The Mankato Farmers’ Market is also open Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:30 to 6 p.m. The market is located at 1895 Adams Street in the Best Buy parking lot.
- Sept. 14 – Best Buy Parking Lot– 8am-12pm
- Sept. 17 – Best Buy Parking Lot – 3:30-6pm
- Sept. 19 – Hub Food Park – 3:30pm-6pm
- Sept. 21 – Best Buy Parking Lot– 8am-12pm
- Sept. 24 – Best Buy Parking Lot – 3:30pm-6pm
- Sept. 26 – Hub Food Park – 3:30pm-6pm
- Sept. 28 – Best Buy Parking Lot – 8am-12pm
- Oct 3 – Hub Food Park – 3:30-6pm
- Oct 5 – Best Buy Parking Lot – 8am-12pm
- Oct 8 – Best Buy Parking Lot – 3:30-6pm
- Oct 10 – Hub Food Park – 3:30pm-6pm
- Oct. 12 – Best Buy Parking Lot – 8am-12pm
- Oct. 15 – Best Buy Parking Lot – 3:30pm-6pm
River Hills Mall Fall Fling Craft & Vendor Fair
The Craft & Vendor Markets are special events where local businesses, crafters, artisans and more can come into River Hills Mall to sell or advertise products and services. These tabling events are in the mall’s common area.
Mankato Maker's Market
The Mankato Makerspace hosts the Mankato Maker Market, a showcase and market of locally made or sourced arts, crafts, production and harvests! Hosted on the final Sunday of each month, the market will be your source for local, whether it be fine art, home decor, coffee, produce. Stop on down any time between 12-5 pm to check out the selection behind the Mankato Makerspace at 1700 3rd Ave. Rain days will be moved inside the Makerspace.
Pumpkin Junction at Blue Skye Farms
Pumpkin Junction began in 2016, where a bumper crop of pumpkins allowed for Blue Sky Farms to share the harvest with area families. Enjoy kids games, fun maze, farm activities, concession stand, farmer’s market, hayrides and more! Pumpkin Junction is held weekends beginning the end of September through October and is FREE.
Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota's Harvest Festival
Make fall memories at the Children’s Museum at the fifth annual Harvest Festival! Come explore the toddler straw maze, play in corn and soybean pits, meet and greet a variety of visiting animals, learn all about the science of pumpkins and decorate your own in the Loft, and even try new harvest foods.
- Oct. 5-6: Ag on the Move
- Oct. 5: Tractor Alley 9am-4pm: This is free outdoor event. Museum membership or daily admission is required to access indoor Museum exhibits.
- Oct. 5: Minnesota State Southern Agricultural Center of Excellence Grain Bin Safety 9am – 2pm
- Oct. 5: Minnesota Owl Program from 10am-11am
- Oct. 6: 4-H Engineering Design Challenge – 1-3pm
- Oct 12 – 13: Harvest Foods
- Oct. 12: Bread Wagon, wheat grinding, & butter making 10am-12pm; Cider Making 1-3pm
- Oct 13: Food Preservation (canning, freezing, dehydrating)
- Oct 13: Under the Sun Herbs 10am-2pm
- Oct. 17-20: Harvest Fun
- Oct 17: Ag Afternoon with Midwest Dairy, MN Pork, Blue Earth County Corn and Soybean, Alltech, Minnesota Turkey, and MN Soil Health Coalition, 1-3pm
- Oct.17: Harvest Hoedown 6-8pm with Square Dancing 6:30-7:30pm and Harvest Food Sampling from South Central College Culinary Arts Students
- Oct. 18: Pets and Vets with MN Valley Pet Hospital – stuffed animal checkups and therapy dogs Niko and Louie 9:30-10:30am
- Oct.19: Old Fashioned Fun & Games
- Oct. 20: Pet Expo 1-2 pm
Party on the Prairie
Join us in Benson Park in North Mankato for this free community event including a corn pit, scarecrow walk, face painting, bounce house, hayrides, fall food, drinks and more!
Bring your lawn chair or a blanket and enjoy live music, starting at 2pm.
The Mankato River Ramble
Savor some of Minnesota’s best cycling. Explore the autumnal beauty of the Minnesota River Valley at the 8th Annual Mankato River Ramble. The landscape will be dressed in peak fall colors. Try one of four scenic tours ranging from 12 to 58 miles. You’ll pass charming waterfalls, epic river valleys and bountiful farmland at the easy pace of a bicycle. Don’t miss the award-winning pie, world renown raspberry bars, invigorating fresh fruit, and all of the other treats, attractions, and amenities while on the River Ramble. Plus, all of this great entertainment is family friendly — kiddos and teens up to age 17 ride for free!
Cirque Du Crave
Feeding Our Communities Partners (FOCP) is proud to present our 2nd annual “Cirque du Crave” fundraising event!
Enjoy a culinary competition featuring dishes prepared by local restaurants, mix & mingle under the big top, and be wowed by circus entertainers & sideshows – all while raising awareness about youth hunger!
FOCP is a local non-profit focused on solving youth hunger, primarily through the work of the BackPack Food Program for elementary students, and the Power Pack program for middle school students. During the 2019-20 school year, FOCP will serve close to 1,000 youth, in 21 public schools!
Maker Fair Minnesota
Join us for the 8th Annual Maker Fair Minnesota Handcrafted Artisan event on Saturday, October 12, 2019 9am – 4pm at the Nicollet County Fairgrounds in St. Peter, MN.
The Maker Fair started in Minnesota in 2012 to celebrate handcrafted arts and foods. The event features a large all-handcrafted fair showcasing artisans selling everything from knitting to stained glass, upcycled furniture to soap, jewelry to pottery, home décor to clothing. Meet the makers and start your holiday shopping by buying local, one of a kind creations.
Farmamerica Harvest Celebration
Join in the trick-or-treating and pumpkin decorating fun at Farmamerica. Highlights include a corn maze, corn sensory activities, touch-a-truck, bounce house, scavenger hunts, festive games and prizes, pick a pumpkin, free apple cider, local food truck, tours of the historic farm sites and more.
The Mankato Marathon
Come celebrate the 10th Anniversary the Mankato Marathon on Oct 18-19, 2019! The Midwest’s boldest race will feature a brand-NEW urban course, highlighting the beautiful Minnesota River Valley. Sign up for the Full, Half, Relay,10K, 5K or Bold Challenges – but don’t hog up all the fun and get the kiddos registered for the youth races. But the fun doesn’t stop there. Come for the run and stay for the fun with plenty of events and activities going on throughout Mankato on Saturday evening.